1) Define your own personal style?
My own personal style is eclectic, a little bohemian, and always evolving. It changes day to day depending on my mood.
2 What is one style tip that you can give the busy women that could make a world of difference? Maybe it’s just one particular product that they should be using or one thing they should be absolutely doing to take care of their hair or make it look fabulous?
Dry shampoo is every busy woman’s secret weapon! Use it to hide excess oiliness or just for added volume and texture to make your style last longer. Bumble and Bumble has several different kinds including a traditional powder called Pret a Powder, tinted aerosol powder spray, and my favorite Dryspun Finish spray.
3) Can you suggest some hairstyle which is quick, easy, and trendy and would be great to pull off for the holidays?
My go-to quick hairstyle that’s perfect for the holidays is a high bun, extra points if you have bangs. Super easy and chic, go online for how-to tutorials.
4) There are a lot of things that seem to be at war with the hair – heat, multitude of products, hair color, dust – how do you suggest that we can take care of hair while still be constantly styling it.
Sometimes we over style our hair and forget that we need to give it some TLC every once in a while. In addition to regular maintenance at your salon, I recommend doing at home deep conditioning treatments every couple of weeks, especially in the winter months when our hair can really use the extra moisture. We carry a wide array of deep conditioning products at James Joseph including some great ones from Morrocan Oil and Kerastase.
5) What are some of your recommended hair accessories that can be used to jazz up an updo?
One of my favorite trends recently when it comes to hair accessories are hats! From vintage inspired hats to slouchy knit caps, I think it is a great way to have fun with your hairstyle.
6) What type of clients do you prefer – the ones who know exactly what style they want or the ones who leave everything up to your judgment?
It’s hard to say what type of client I prefer working with because I love when a person has a vision for their hair and knows exactly what their style is, but of course I also love when I get to play a big role in helping to create a personalized hairstyle for my client.
7) Favorite hair discovery/secret that can change the world !
A hair discovery or “secret” that I really believe in, and I don’t think it’s much of a secret anymore, is to cut down on the amount that you wash your hair. It is better for the overall condition of your hair and scalp, and not to mention it helps the longevity of your hair color.
8) What is your own particular favorite hairstyle of all time?
My favorite hairstyle of all time…what an immense question! Any hairstyle that my client feels the most confident in is my favorite hairstyle for them. As for me, I feel the most confident with beachy waves. And maybe a great hat!
9) What do you love most about being a stylist?
The thing I love most about being a hairstylist is the feeling I get when the person in my chair is thrilled about their hair.
The right stylist can change your life. You’ll just know it when you meet the stylist made for you – not sure about the whole husband – wife thing – but THIS relation is definitely made in heaven. After meeting Vildan, upon hearing to her colleagues rave about her and manily her passion into styling – her following of loyal clients makes complete sense.Thank you Vildan for being a part of this feature.