I love traditions. They mean a lot to me. Putting up the tree, buying atleast one new ornament every year, making a wish while putting the tree-topper – every little bit is a tradition in our house. When we were little, mom would make my brother and me, write down what we wanted from Santa and put them under our pillows. We also had to write down the good and bad things we did during the year – so Santa could decide if we should get everything we asked for. My husband and I, make it a point to see a holiday show like the Nutcracker or whichever production is running at the Opera house.
I grew up watching my granddad write cards for any and all occasions – festivals, holiday seasons, birthdays, anniversaries, trip wishes, everything. I think its special, that he still does that when everyone else is sending emails or texting. That is something I probably inherited from him. As I sit down to write cards this year, I am smiling thinking about all the wonderful people I met and worked with since I started Love Playing Dressup. With my heart overflowing with gratitude, I think am starting a new tradition in our new home – which involves sitting in front of the fireplace, drinking the best tea in the world made by my husband and sealing love and best wishes in little envelopes =))
Do you guys have any holiday traditions that you follow as a family or with friends? Here are some little things that you do to make your own holiday traditions. Think about all the beautiful memories you’ll be making as you do them year after year =))
- Take a drive around town with your friends, blast on the holiday songs and look at the beautifully decorated houses ( the mister & I do this a lot – we pick 2 or 3 neighborhoods each year and drive around and even give them our own Zagat ratings! )
- Go Ice-skating and fall and laugh. Don’t forget to have hot chocolate with marshmallows after you are done
- Make Christmas cookies and pack them beautifully and give out to your neighbors
- Go around the dinner table and ask everyone to share one really funny thing that happened to them this past year – each year pick a different theme and share it with your close ones
- And most important – give back! Find a giving tree or a local charity around and donate toys, or sponsor a family and buy them all Christmas presents. Or volunteer at a food drive or a local shelter and give the gift of your time.
Wearing : Ralph Lauren shirt, Lysse leggings – c/o, Urban Outfitters socks
Props used : Mug, Pillows – c/o, Ideas Journal
I honestly want to send each and everyone of you a holiday card. You have no idea how much you mean to me – all of you who follow and show love on Facebook and Instagram and Twitter and read my blog and send me emails and messages. It means the world to me and I appreciate it so much. As a small way of saying thank you – I have not one but two giveaways today. Both are perfect for the holidays – the holiday pillows are just so cute and the amazon gift card for $750 – need I say more? =))
On another note, I am going home this weekend. I’ll see you guys soon from that side of the world. Till then.. xo
Prize: Holiday Pillows
Prize: $750 Amazon gift card
Organized by: Oh My Gosh Beck!
Co-hosts: True Story Book Blog • Babies Boardrooms & Blowouts • Jenn’s Blah Blah Blog • Pretty Thrifty • Living Sweet Moments • Young Finances • Think Like A Boss Lady • Erika, Eventually • Allisonleighann. • The Mich Mix • A Labour of Life • Stacy’s Savings • Simply Sinova • Simply Sherryl • Nail Polish Anonymous • Becoming Fab • Grace in Style • Deb Knows Best
The Welcome To Big Biba book! 🙂
I am looking to get the complete seasons of Breaking Bad. Thanks!
I need more books!
More baking tools!
My little family has lots of traditions too. matching holiday PJs, elf on the shelf, decorating Thanksgiving evening…..
The Doctor Diva
A new Northface jacket is on my wishlist this year!
One thing on my amazon wish list is leopard flats.
a new coffee maker
I really want an elliptical.