Happy Monday! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. We pretty much stayed in and caught up on so many little things. How good does it feel to cross items off the to-do lists, right? With the weather gods smiling on us finally, we decided to go dancing into the city, on Saturday. I made a pit stop at my absolute favorite hotel in all of Boston – The Langham. Nothing like a little bubbly before dancing! This sequins number is restrained enough for a date night & at the same time flashy for hitting the dance floor.
I did a lot of reading this weekend and wanted to share some of the stuff that will keep you company, while you have your Monday morning coffee before jumping into the week’s craziness. *eye roll* =))
- I started reading this book and like any other Mitch Albom exudes so much positivity. I’d definitely recommend reading it.
- Instagram – where we live and breathe my friends – has added some more editing options. Not that I have mastered the art of using the previous filters yet – but these are some more new cool options to try.
- This lace dress has my heart and I cant wait to wear it as soon as real spring strikes.
- If there’s just one thing you have to buy this season – then get this denim jacket. It’s a spring staple!
- My mom sent me a picture from her dinner that she went to, over the weekend and I noticed, she was wearing the lipstick we had both bought together – 2 years ago! Emotional quotient aside ( sorry mom! =)) ) we need to recycle our makeup products for hygiene reasons and best results. Here is a guideline for when you should replace your makeup products – Source. Confession : I have a mascara in my purse which I am sure I bought during for a school dance ( which was a long time ago ) and I never throw out the nail-polishes! Oops =))
|Product||Toss it . . .|
|Cream blush||12-18 months|
|Eye shadow||18 months|
|Liquid eyeliner||6 months|
|Lipstick/lip gloss||18 months|
|Lip liner||1 year|
|Nail polish||1 year|
And o-almost forgot – I read this somewhere and couldn’t not share
“Yesterday is not ours to recover, but today is ours to win or lose.”
Say that to yourself everyday – xo – Neha