There’s something about Fall that makes me go into a hibernation mode. But not the lazy kinds – more of a – let’s have all our friends over instead of going out and have a wonderful time, indoors! Now don’t judge us – but most times having a blast in our household is synonymous with alcohol.. a lot of it. So you’ll understand why I love this sangria recipe … its pretty boozy and is bursting with fall flavors! Apple cider, cinnamon and freshly picked apples.
Recipe – yields about 8 glasses
- 1 bottle White wine ( I used Franciscan White and love the subtle sweetness – but any white wine will work & it doesn’t have to be fancy/expensive )
- Ginger ale
- apple slices
- cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups clear/white rum
- 2 cups apple cider ( I use the one available at the grocery store )
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon powder ( optional )
- Add all ingredients.You can play with the ginger ale & rum quantities – depending on how boozy you like your drink.
- I’d recommend refrigerating for a few hours but if its short notice ( or personal craving! ) – a few ice-cubes are fine as well. Make sure it doesn’t get too watery.
- I am a huge fan of cinnamon, so in addition to the cinnamon sticks – I like dusting a little bit on my drink as well ( but Amit doesn’t like it as much – so that’s just depending on your preference )
Sangrias are a pretty ( even visually ) popular drink if you like to entertain. No one turns down a sangria and I promise they’ll keep coming back for more. Do you have a favorite drink that you love serving your guests? xo – Neha
Wearing : Barbara Gerwit dress – c/o
Follow along for behind the scene dressup moments : Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & get Love Playing Dressup updates directly to your inbox by subscribing to the newsletter here.