I wish I could express in words how much I love these shooters. I honestly wish I could pack them in boxes and send them to each one of you – because how else can I actually share the goodness & booziness that I feel right now … but why dont you try it yourself and join me in this happy high I am in!
This year for Thanksgiving celebrations we are in charge of the drinks. Can we call it Drinksgiving? Amit is an amazing ( rather notorious ) mixologist or as I like to call him – “bar chef”! This is one of his signature recipes. Think of it as a dessert course that follows the drinks. What can I say we can not get enough of our drinks & desserts just the same.
Word on the streets is that kids love jello – so if you skip the vodka – voila!!
- Strawberries – Medium – Large sized strawberries are ideal ( strawberries are sparse this time of the year – but somehow Whole Foods always seems to have them)
- Liquor salt
- Make Jell-O ( as per instructions listed on the box ) – if you are making adult Jell-O then instead of the water, use vodka. Go ahead – add a little bit more than called for!
- Cut the top & bottom of the strawberries – make sure the bottom is flat so the strawberry can stand without toppling
- Remove the core from the strawberry – this is where the Vodka infused Jell-O goes. Use a core-remover or just a knife. Just be careful so as to not puncture the strawberry
- Take the Jell-O out from the fridge once it has settled
- Garnish the strawberry tops with salt
- Pour Jell-O in the strawberries with a spoon and put back in the fridge
- Serve … with love
See step-by-step images below
Thank you for stopping by on Thanksgiving morning. Amidst all the love, laughter games, travel and ofcourse – food – I cannot help reflecting and feeling grateful for all your love and support. From my family to yours – here’s to a Happy Thanksgiving – xo Neha
Love this idea! Images are gorgeous too!