Last weekend, Amit & I drove up to Poconos, Pennsylvania for a weekend getaway. I am a huge fan of weekend getaways, may be even taking a day off before or after to simply unwind if our schedules permit. When it comes to travel and vacations, I am not biased. I love the relaxing ones, the scenic and sight-seeing intensive kinds as well as the adventure packed itineraries, all just the same! The trip to Skytop had the promise to deliver on all categories!
Nestled at the top of the Poconos, the resort is nothing short of majestic. The drive from Boston isn’t too bad, if you start early. It took us about 4.5 hours with a couple breaks. We stayed in the main lodge and there are various cottages on the property as well, if you are going with a big group.
View from our room – not too shabby!
The property is huge.. massive actually. You can literally spend half a day just exploring the resort interiors – with history reflecting in every corner and the outdoors – the stables, the lake, perfectly manicured golf course and the many gardens. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home – one of the coziest things they do each night is have a fire-pit with marshmallows to indulge in.
Waking up to the breakfast buffet with SO many delicious options? Now that’s a true vacation!
There’s a Zumba class on property incase you wanted to burn those calories – I decided not to and spend the time towards some lazy lounging in the sun. #priorities! =))
Wearing JCrew Dress, Goyard bag and sunnies via Ditto
For the afternoon, we made reservations at the activities desk for the driving range -where Amit impressed me ( as always – he’s a pro but he hates it when I say that! ) while I was offered some entertainment with my novice-style.
There is SO much to do on the property that you could easily spend a week and still have only done half the activities. I will be sharing a couple more posts of our experience in the coming days – stay tuned. For now, Ill end this post, with this picture where I dressed up for dinner but ended up going to the firepit and eating wayy too many marshmallows. You can shop the dress here!
- Try to get an early start if you are driving to beat the traffic. The last 20 minutes of the drive towards the resort has a few winding twists.
- Bring bug-spray – we went at the start of summer, the resort is amidst nature and I am a mosquito magnet. We forgot to bring one along with us and had to drive to the nearest town to buy one. ( 20 min from the resort )
- The resort has an observatory deck – a highlight in my opinion! It offers a 360 degree view of the mountains, the lakes – Poconos in its full charm. Go there during the day but definitely go there at night – if you are lucky enough to catch a clear sky – you’ll see a blanket of stars.
- Besides the Tap Room restaurant, there weren’t too many vegetarian options on the menus of other restaurants in the resort – but the chefs were happy to accommodate.
- Make reservations at the activity desk in advance – popular activities such as horse riding get booked fairly quickly
Let me know if you have any questions. . xo Neha
Follow along for behind the scene dressup moments : Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & get Love Playing Dressup updates directly to your inbox by subscribing to the newsletter here.
It looks so charming!! Hope you had a fabulous time!
xx Sam |The Heart of the House
It was a wonderful getaway… the resort was truly amazing and had so much to offer 🙂