Shop the Post
We picked our coats from Wilsons Leather – they are pretty warm and I love that they are matching =))
Last weekend it snowed so much that we were completely snowed in all Saturday and had to cancel our dinner plans in the city. We were pretty excited to try out this new restaurant and since our date night dinner plans fell through, we decided to make up for it the next day. And boy did we make up for it ! We decided to do something fun and by fun I mean, walk in the fresh snow across our favorite bridge in town, aka, the most romantic thing ever!!
I love this coat – its warm, chic and perfect to wear to work meetings. ( I don’t like to wear my puffer coats or shearling jackets if I am going to a meeting) This one brings just the right amount of sophistication to the room.
The park looked magical – everything covered in a thick blanket of white fluff. Sure it was cold and we felt like walking popsicles after a while, but there is something about walking with our gloved hands in each other’s. Plus, whether he is behind the camera or standing with in me in front of it, he is always saying the most random things and making me laugh. We had so much fun taking pictures that day and you can safely say that snowball fights were involved =)) And after that, we went for some hot Indian food – sooo good for the soul !
We treasure our date nights especially because with our busy schedules we aren’t able to do them as much as we’d like to. On top of that – winters can put such a damper on anything to do with stepping outside.. So I decided to put together a list of date ideas that we love even when its cold outside! Hope you are inspired to step out with your loved ones and enjoy moments together. xo Neha
- Walks in the snow ( or ice skating, if that’s your thing ) : The power of a romantic walk is not to be undermined. An excuse to hold hands just a tad bit tighter.
- Movie night ( and not the Netflix kind ) : While this one isn’t purely outdoorsy – it’ll give you an excuse to dressup, even if it’s just something casual. A good movie, popcorn and mandatory no usage of cell phones is a good idea. We recently went for the Lion movie and loved it! Have you seen it?
- Hot chocolate run: Anything hot and anything chocolate – already sounds like a perfect evening. Not much planning is needed for this one – grab your car keys and drive you the nearest cafe. Hot cocoa, cuddles and conversations … how about that?
- Dinner Date : Pick a new restaurant – may be take turns to select one for each time. This is a also a great way to explore your neighborhood and try out different places.
- Theatre / Opera : Dress to the nines and grab tickets to a fancy theatre show or if something is playing in the opera house. We have a tradition each winter to go to the Boston Opera House. Cold outside, champagne inside – such a great recipe for a perfect and fancy evening.
On him : jacket from Wilsons leather, boots, Burberry scarf
On her : jacket and faux fur headband from Wilsons Leather, over the knee boots, cashmere turtleneck
Thank you to Wilsons Leather for partnering on this post
Are we friends yet? Sign up for the newsletter here
Looks like such an lovely day in place of your original date night! Love your list of date options for this cold weather – it is so easy to give up due to the cold, but those all sound super cute :]
Wonderful ideas. Your post is giving me a blog post idea to talk about parents date nights (a lot different from DINKS i say 🙂 )
Love the jacket
what a beautiful couple- Maddy!
Your coat is so beautiful !
I love it.
Love your style.
You look absolutely stunning! Love this look on you! Thanks for the inspiration!
Happy weekend love!
Much love, Len
You look so warm and cozy! Love your ideas. I am always up for a movie night 🙂