Being pregnant is the most exciting thing I have experienced so far in my life. If you have been a reader of the blog for a while, you know how blessed we feel and excited we are to be in this chapter of life. With pregnancy have come a barrage of emotional and physical changes – its phenomenal, fun, beautiful – there’s the wow!!and then some, wow, now that’s weird.
- Baby kicks : This is hands down the most beautiful thing I have experienced in the world. It has got to be my favorite part of the pregnancy. The baby kicks can catapult you from being emotionally down, engrossed in work, stressed out, happy – whatever emotion you are feeling prior to that – to a level of happiness that is beyond words. For the mama, it is ofcourse special – but having A feel the kicks and see his face light up, is another happiness that I have experienced.
- Everyone is extra nice to you. At the store, at work, at the airports, on the flight. I am loving all the attention.
- I can ask Amit to bring my charger from upstairs ( because I am being lazy ) but he will happily do so. Haha! There might be some taking advantage in there – but I sure am loving getting spoilt.
- Cravings!! I dint have any weird cravings or aversions rather – but plums and coconut water were the two things that had to be available when I wanted them!
- And playing dressup… so many cute maternity dresses.
- I have been able to travel and my energy so far has been pretty good. We were able to do so many trips and also one big one to India – which was amazing. I do wind down slightly earlier than usual by the end of the day.
- Blessings: If you know me, you know how much I am believer in God’s blessings and blessings from the elders. Going to India and having everyone fawning over us from neighbors to aunts and uncles, friends of mom and dad… everyone. That made me feel so special and loved.
- I have to pee … like all the time. And when I have to go, I have to go right away – there is no warning or buildup. You think this is TMI? wait till you read the last one.
- Maternity jeans – I got a few but I just don’t like wearing them.
- I have become so clumsy, it is because the balance of the body is thrown off because of the weight shifting. I drop things right and left. Oops.
- Sciatic pain! It feels like fire in the sciatic nerve area of the hip. Not fun at all. I have had sciatica since the first trimester and have had A massage it almost every night before sleeping.
- Anxiety! If you know me, you know that I am usually on the higher end of the anxiety spectrum. Anything and everything makes me nervous. Now I get bouts of extreme anxiety but I am also able to calm myself down faster than I was able to earlier. Hormones?
- My stomach acts up like all the time and I am constipated a lot. Ahemm…Clearly not embarrassed to talk about it. If you are a mama in the same boat – lets chat. I have so many funny stories, I can go on about. haha
I’d love to know if any of you pregnant mamas or mamas-to-be can relate. xo Neha
Are we friends yet? Sign up for the newsletter here
Lets stay connected : Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
Enjoy this phase. It’s going to be a fun adventure from now on 😉
Thank you so much! we are loving every moment and grateful for them 🙂 xx
Such an amazing post! Congratulations for this new adventure!
MES VOYAGES À PARIS
NEW POST: LACE DRESS & LA VIBES…
love this fun post! it will be such a fun one to look back at later on!
You look gorgeous! Enjoy the beautiful journey!
Thank you so much, Jane.
I couldn’t agree more! The kicks are so surreal and truly so amazing! Each and every litl’ movement I feel puts a smile on my face! Hope you’re feeling well… you look absolutely fabulous!
I love hearing from other mamas about this. My prenatal yoga instructor was telling me that her son is now two, but she still misses those belly kicks 🙂
Nice article and I felt very happy after read this content.
Buy Kids Gown In India