It has been a hot minute since I last shared my favorites round-up list. I’ve been meaning to, trust me – there is so much good stuff to share.
You know I went to India last month and with the 24 hour travel both ways, I was able to read quite a lot! Honestly getting time to read wasn’t what I was expecting , because well traveling with a toddler! ( I did a post on tips to travel with a toddler on a long flight and thus being able to sneak in some time to read as well )
Aside from this, there are some really cool new makeup and hair products that I’ve tried in the last few months and I am really excited to share those here. Let’s start with that first –
Beauty Products :
- I am obsessed with this Charlotte Tilbury red lipstick. I have been using the MAC Ruby Woo for the longest time, but this one is a my new favorite red lipstick. This shade of red goes beautifully on the Indian complexion, is very pigmented and stays on for a very long time. The other one I am really loving for daily use, is the Bare Minerals Flawless liquid lipstick. It’s a nudish-pink and is perfect to wear to work. Doesn’t look over-the-top but adds just the right hint of color.
- Let me take a minute to rave about this MAC strobe cream. It received a sample in one of my Nordstrom orders and I loved it so much, that I ended up ordering it. It gives a nice, discreet glow and – almost acts like a primer and BB cream in one. I’ve been wearing it to work – first apply your moisturizer, then the MAC strobe cream, MAC powder. A very non-fussy, quick no-makeup-makeup look.
- The best leggings ever! There’s a reason everyone raves about these faux-leather leggings so much.
- The statement making eyelet top or this eyelet dress – both so perfect for the warm weather
- A lace dress you need for a special occasion – absolutely stunning details and such a great find for the price
- loving this classic black dress for work
- The softest set of PJs – feels so luxurious and is so affordable
I’ve been trying to get back to reading, and trying for one book a month . It has been pretty good so far and honestly it feels so good.
- Something in the Water – I really loved this one. It keeps you on the edge of your seat kind of thriller. The build up was really good, but then towards the end it became quite predictable. Nevertheless, it was a good book, very well executed. I’d give it a 8 out of 10.
- Little Fires Everywhere – This book has been on every book club’s list which is why I picked it up. But to be honest, I wasnt quite as blown away with it. It seemed rather unfinished and I was hoping for more. May be a 6 out of 10.
- The Guest Cottage – Nancy Thayer novels are always such palette cleansers. A nice beach-read, with a light storyline and happy endings. Overall I’d give it a 5, but as a pure beach read – it’s a good 8 out of 10.
- Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows – OMG! I don’t even know where to start. The title is insanely captivating. I just started reading it and loving it so far. Aside from the funny, erotic stories that are shown as figments of imaginations of the women in the book, it has layers of bold, strong themes woven. About the gender divide, patriarchal society in certain cultures of India, women not having a voice in society but full of dreams and fantasies. I will report back with a review once I have finished the book.
- Stories of Mahabharata – ( Mahabharata is an epic of ancient India, a rich heritage of Indian culture that offers philosophical and spiritual stories ) Growing up in India, almost everyone I know my age grew up watching Mahabharata on TV. It was a Sunday ritual for families across the country. For some reason, I dint watch it then and have been wanting to read/learn about Mahabharata for quite some time. This podcast is so well created, the narrator has done a phenomenal job. It is interesting to learn about the stories and delve on the nuances of the lessons through those stories.
That was a lovely post 💞. Keep doing them often.And thanks for sharing. xoxo
Hats off to you for traveling on such a long flight both ways with a toddler! Our girls are around the same age, so I can imagine how much prep and organization you did! That red lipstick looks beautiful on you indeed! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week ahead!
THE STYLE CONTOUR
This is such a lovely post Hun and I love Charlotte Tiblury lipsticks so much!! x
Grace Louise || http://www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/
Oh my I am such a huge fan of the CharlotteTilbury lipsticks myself. beautiful colors and pigmentation is amazing