All you need to know about traveling with toddlers on a LONG flight
I wasn’t planning on doing a round-up of gift ideas, but then I got a few emails and messages on Instagram on what I was getting for Amit. Here are some of my favorite things – ones that I’ve either gifted in the past or those that Amit has hinted ( very openly ) for stuff that he’d love to get.
- Oculus Virtual Reality Headset – I got this for Amit last Christmas and it is one of my favorite gifts that I’ve given Amit, because I probably play with it more than he does. It is the trendy thing that guys love having ( #eyeroll ) but also so much fun for anyone else.
- Targeted Relief Foot and Calf Messager : We have this at home and trust me, it is one of the best “self-care” things you’ll ever purchase. After a long day, hard-core workout session, long trip or just to relax on a weekend – it is amazing. Infact, over the years – I’ve purchased this as a gift for close friends as well. Everyone loves it.
- Apple Smart Watch : This is one of the most popular Father’s Day gift ideas. I personally don’t like smart watches – because it’ll be another thing in addition to my laptop and phone that I’ll be tempted to check/engage with all day. But I think, Amit is going to get one pretty soon. He loves these gadgety-things!
- Coffee Machine : For the coffee-lovers, this is such a perfect gift. Having a fancy-looking, good-coffee making coffee machine at home – ahh Heaven! I have the Mr.Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker and Nespresso Coffee Maker and Frother combo – and love them both equally. The Frother can be used to make cold-coffee ( cold-coffee India style, made with Nescafe – comes out SO good with all that froth! )
- Car detailing gift certificate : trust me, this will be very much appreciated.
- Massage gift certificate : It’s a clichéd gift idea, but again – one that will be appreciated.
- Personalized mug : A customized mug with a family pictures-college
The drives are long, when you cry in the car seat
But the years are short, soon you’ll be at the wheel not needing to hold my hand in the car,
The days are long, when work is piling and you are being clingy
But the years are short, and you’ll soon be typing away your own,
The kitchen is messy and cooking is hard when you want to be held
But the years are short and you’ll be rushing away from the dinner table to be with your friends,
The nights are long when you refuse to sleep and want to be rocked
But the years are short and you won’t need my lullabies anymore,
The times are tough when you are sick and it hurts so much to see you in pain
But the years are short, so let me not complain
For you’ll grow up soon and will fly away.
Let me hold on these hugs
Let me take away your pain
Cook and work with you on my lap
Rock you all night, Till you feel like yourself again
Last month, we took a trip to New York. The city holds such a special place in my heart – mainly because it reminds me so much of Bombay, the city where I grew up. The energy, the people, the fast pace of life – all of it is so invigorating. Amit and I have been to New York so many times over the years, yet each time the idea of going to the city gets me excited. I had been dying to take Zoe to New York and experience the city with her, to do things that Amit and I love about New York and share those with her.