Being such a major skirts girl ( is that a word? ) – its odd that I have never actually tried a midi skirt before. I guess it’s because of my petite frame ( aka shortest person in the room always! ) and for the fear of getting drowned in the fabric and looking ahem…even shorter. But if there’s one thing I have learnt about fashion, styling ( and life per say) – with a few hacks & tricks – there’s nothing like a “not gonna work for me” =))
Here are some tricks to rock a midi skirt that will hopefully help you own the look with confidence.
1. Focus on the length – having the hem of the skirt fall just slightly below the knee will give it an illusion of length.
2. Shoe game is the key – Go for neutral colors such as white or nude. Strappy sandals are the safest.
3. Make it high-waisted – This is my favorite trick with skirts ( even the pencil kinds ). Adds an air of sophistication and makes your legs look taller. ( yes – I have a book of short girl tricks to look tall =)) )
4. Accessorize – Accessories can really make a huge difference in amping up any outfit. Big sunnies – like this one (only $34 and free shipping!) or a statement necklace ( enter giveaway to win )
5. Own it – If you are confident that the look is working on you – I dare anyone to feel otherwise ! They know it when you own it =) xo – Neha
You can win the Carolee Necklace by entering the giveaway below. I’ll announce the winner next Friday ( 5/1) . Good luck =))